[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Branching by cuts

Carlos Eduardo de Andrade ce.andrade at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 21:12:34 EDT 2007

Hello people,

My algorithm branch by cuts, implicitly. It holds the information of
this branching's in user data, that I use to column generation. So,
the master problem is treated like a original master and branching
restrictions are implicitly treated.

I would like to modify this behavior, inserting some branching
restrictions in master formulation. So, the restrictions should be
inserted in formulation before we process the
tree node in the question. But, you note that I like to insert this
restrictions like cuts and not like BCP branching restrictions. I like
treat the branching implicitly yet. I would like insert this
cuts/branching restrictions in one of children, not in both.

But I don't know to do this in BCP. The branching restrictions are
like cuts, but I have to insert then before column generation. Well,
where do I put the code to add branching restrictions (cuts)? I think
that "select_branching_candidates()" is a good place, but how to
insert the branching restrictions in only one child node? Track who is
child node is simple, I think, because each child node have a proper
data and a unique ID. Can somebody help me?

Thank very much. Regards,

Carlos

p.s. Sorry my English.
--
Carlos Eduardo de Andrade
Algorithms and Programming, Operation Systems