[Coin-bcpdiscuss] test_ful() question and BCP_DBL_MAX

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 19 13:11:46 EST 2007

Hello all,

I have changed the code (stable and trunk) so that bound violations are not
tested and BCP just blindly trusts the LP solver. Francois is probably right
that that's the best we can do...

I have also changed the code so that now there is a constant BCP_DBL_MAX
defined in BCP_math.hpp (right now as 1e100) that is used for the purposes of
infinity. In various places of the code different hard-coded values were used,
and I think this is a much better solution. Still, it's possible that
someone's code was dependent on those hard-coded values, so this is a heads up
call :-).

I also have a request: I'd like to make a new point release, since the 1.0.0
tarball does not compile properly on cygwin. Could someone grab the stable
version from svn and try to compile it on cygwin/msys and whatever is
available on windows? BIG thanks and lots of brownie points!

Thanks,
--Laci