[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Compiling BCP 1.1.0 with MSVC 2005 on WINDOWS

YC Chan peter.chan.yc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 04:09:25 EST 2007

Hello,

I've just started to work with COIN-BCP, with the Bcp-1.1.0 Tarball on
15/02/2007. I'm using MSVC v8 (2005) on WINDOWS. The sln and
vcproj files were created along on the same lines as the v8 files for
Symphony 5-1-3.

The creation of libraries is ok and I'm compiling the BAC example. When
running without the parameter file (bb.par) , I hit the "invalid null
pointer" error. Tracing in MSVC, the error is due to:

1) in file bcp_message_single.cpp:
BCP_proc_id* BCP_single_environment::register_process(USER_initialize*
user_init) {
    _lp_prob->par = _tm_prob->slave_pars.lp; //caused by operator =
}

2) The operator= is defined in file bcp_parameters.hpp in function:
BCP_parameter_set<Par>& operator=(const BCP_parameter_set<Par>& x) {
  std::copy(x.sapar,
  x.sapar + static_cast<int>(Par::end_of_str_array_params),
  sapar);
}
Here, x.start.first._data = "BCP_BranchOnCuts"

3) The copy function is defined in file: bcp_vector_general.hpp
function _Copy_opt: either argument First or Dest has the property finish
which is null

I'm looking for all ideas to overcome this problem and possibly contribute a
working set of solution and project files for Windows !
Thanks in advance.