[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Interfering with the LP solver in BCP

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 2 08:49:52 EDT 2007

Hi Soumitra,

If you change everything back as they were then BCP should be fine with this.
However, you might find it easier just to clone the solverinterface, change
the integrality in the new instance, solve the MIP there then abandon th new
instance. That way you are definitely safe; the code will probably be shorter
and cleaner; and you don't sacrifice much efficiency since the time needed to
solve the MIP will dominate the time needed for copying by far.

Hope this helps,
--Laci