[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Compile BCP 1.0.0 on SunOS 5.10

Dan Chen mailtodanchen at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 21 19:51:40 EST 2006

Hi Lou,

  This works. But now I have another problem when I try to compile Bcp with mpich. When I configue with the following command:

  ../configure CXX=g++ CC=gcc --enable-static=yes --with-mpi-incdir=/opt/mpich-mx/include/ --with-mpi-lib="/opt/mpich-mx/lib/libmpich.a"

  I got the following error message:

  checking if user provides library for Mpi... yes
checking for /opt/mpich-mx/include/mpi.h... yes
checking whether symbol MPI_Irecv is available with MPI... no
configure: error: Cannot find symbol MPI_Irecv with MPI
configure: error: /bin/bash '../../Bcp/configure' failed for Bcp

  Dan

Lou Hafer <lou at cs.sfu.ca> wrote:
  Dan,

You've probably already tried this --- if you change the test at line
73 of CoinSignal.hpp from

#if defined(__sparc) && defined(__sun)

#if defined(__sun)

does that get you a successful build?