[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Core cuts and vars

fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Nov 8 14:08:14 EST 2006

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Matteo Salani wrote:

> Hello,
>
> first of all a (very) small contribution on how I succeeded in compiling Bcp
> under Cygwin
>
> be sure to have Make.exe 3.8.0 and not 3.8.1 as pointed out in the wiki pages
>
> perform configure skipping Cgl and enabling dos compile:
>
> ./configure -C COIN_SKIP_PROJECTS="Cgl" --enable-doscompile
>
> from my experience no other ways to compile under cygwin. Trust me, I've
> tried several.

Which BCP code are you trying to compile?

>From the tar ball BCP-1.0.0?
>From subversion, Bcp/trunk?
>From subversion, Bcp/stable/1.0?

I just checked out the tar ball from

http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/Bcp/

and it compiles fine under Cygwin (with make3.80).
However, 'make test' fails due to changes
in CoinUtils that are not reflected in Bcp. This has nothing to do with
Cygwin and it also fails under Linux. But the example BAC compiles
and runs fine (both under Cygwin and Linux).

The code in Bcp/trunk is for developers and should not be checked out by
users. My guess is that your problem with Cgl comes from checking out
Bcp/trunk.

The code from Bcp/stable/1.0 should compile, but I did not check.

Instructions (updated 30 minutes ago) for download and installation
are available from the BCP Trac page:

https://projects.coin-or.org/Bcp/wiki

Francois