[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Default select_branching_candidates bug?

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 21 13:00:36 EST 2006

That exception is thrown when BCP
1) can't add a cut/variable and
2) can't fathom the node based on bounds and
3) can't find a branching variable.
If all three conditions are met then something is wrong. It may be that there
are slight numerical problems, and the LP value is just slightly different
from the value of the solution found. Playing with tolerances a bit would
probably help. I don't remember off the top of my head what parameters to set,
I would have to look up in the source. I'd suggest first to try to turn on all
verbosity parameters to see if rounding errors are erally the problem.

Hope this helps,
--Laci