[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Help on porting an ampl code to COIN-OR

Soumitra Pal mitra at cse.iitb.ac.in
Thu Jun 15 05:59:10 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am a student of IIT Bombay, India. I joined the discussion group recently.

Earlier I implemented a column-generation based algorithm for the
cutting stock problem using AMPL. Basically, my AMPL code has a main
loop. In side the loop, it solves the master & subproblem using the AMPL
solver interface to the CPLEX. In between solving the two problems, my
AMPL code makes some modifications to the problem variables. But the
problem is that AMPL (student edition) does not allow more than 300
variables. So I could not run the my algorithm for bigger examples.

I thought that the same can be implemented using the coin-or
infrastructure. Does anybody have similar experience that can be shared?

Thanks in advance
Soumitra.