[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Getting started

NIKLAUS EGGENBERG niklaus.eggenberg at epfl.ch
Tue Jan 10 09:09:22 EST 2006

Hi everybody,

I am a newcommer into the community, and hope my questions haven't been
answered yet (I couldn't find answers in the archive though).

Well, first of all, I saw a similar question but no reply: I am
interested in solving the Cutting Stock problem (as a premiminary to a
more complicated VRPTW)... Problem is that for the VG process, funtion
generated_vars() will have to use a Branch and Bound algo too... I guess
I'll have to initialize a new TM, but I am not really sure... and
wouldn't know how to do it!

On the other hand, does anyone have an example using VG process (MKC
uses generate_vars_in_lp()...) so I can have a concrete example???...

Finally, I read the manual one can find in BCP/Doc/Manual, but this
isn't this the same version than the one on the website coin-or.org,
which is supposed to be out of date??? Does anyone have a more precise
description what the functions the user has to derive have to do
explicitely (well, of course all depends on the problem to be solved,
but at least some guide-lines)

Thanks a lot for your help, and to all a Happy New Year! :)

Cheers

Niklaus