[Coin-bcpdiscuss] BCP error : couldn't select branching object

Matteo Salani matteo.salani at epfl.ch
Mon Dec 18 09:20:59 EST 2006

Hello,

Developing a Branch and Price algorithm I got this error:

LP : No var/cut in pool but couldn't select branching object.

I checked in the list but I cannot find where the solution proposed by: *Miroslav Karamanov
http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/coin-discuss/2005-October/001643.html
should be implemented...

Unfortunately I don't have any other idea for the moment...
*
I switched on all the output routines of LP and it seems (this is only my guess...) that integrality check fails
and then select_branching_candidates is called but no candidates (since all var are integral) are found.

LP:   In iteration 4 BCP generated 0 cuts and 0 vars before calling branch()
 LP: Default display_lp_solution() executed.
  LP : Displaying LP solution (FinalRelaxedSolution) :
  LP : Displaying solution :
  Algo  var (internal index:    -86                    ) at 1.0000
  Algo  var (internal index:   -151                    ) at 1.0000
  Algo  var (internal index:   -251                    ) at 1.0000
 LP: Default select_branching_candidates() executed.
 LP : No var/cut in pool but couldn't select branching object.

Matteo