[Coin-bcpdiscuss] compiling problem of Bcp with Cplex

Roy Chen ytboy0208 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 11:44:21 EST 2006

Hello

I have trouble coming when I tried to compile Bcp with Cplex. I used the
following command:

 ../configure
--with-cplex-lib="-L/usr/local/ilog/cplex91/lib/x86_RHEL3.0_3.2/static_pic"
\
> --with-cplex-incdir="/usr/local/ilog/cplex91/include/ilcplex" \
> --enable-static -C

and I got the following error when compiling:
*checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking dependency style of g++... (cached) gcc3
checking for COIN project Cbc... unavailable
checking for COIN project Cgl... ../Cgl
checking for COIN project Clp... ../Clp
checking for COIN project CoinUtils... ../CoinUtils
checking for COIN project DyLP... unavailable
checking for COIN project Osi... .
checking for COIN project SYMPHONY... unavailable
checking for COIN project Vol... ../Vol
checking if user provides library for Cplex... yes
checking for /usr/local/ilog/cplex91/include/ilcplex/cplex.h... yes
checking whether symbol CPXgetstat is available with CPX... no
configure: error: Cannot find symbol CPXgetstat with CPX
configure: error: /bin/sh '../../Osi/configure' failed for Osi
*
NOTE:

In my cplex system, under /lib directory, there are 5 folders as follows:
ia64_RHEL3.0_3.2
x86-64_RHEL3.0_3.2
x86-64_sles9.0_3.3
x86_RHEL2.1_2.96
x86_RHEL3.0_3.2
and a file: cplex.jar

Within each folder, this is a folder called "static_pic", I tried all of
them as the one for lib and got the same result as above.

Thank you for the help!

Roy