[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Use CBC to solve MINLP problems

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 29 12:53:29 EST 2005

Hi Edson,

Well, your question is more about cbc than BCP... cbc does not have a separate
mailing list, so I guess coin-discuss is the appropriate place to mail.

Anyway, there is a MINLP project going on with people from CMU and IBM, and it
modifies cbc to use Ipopt :-). It will be released Real Soon Now, that is, I
don't know when... I know that it was not a trivial task and needed direct
modification of cbc. I have cc'd Andreas Waechter, he is on this MINLP team,
you can ask more from him.

As far as your second question is concerned, yes, it is possible. Go to the
Samples directory under Cbc, and I'm sure one of the example programs do
exactly what you ask for.

Good luck,
--Laci