[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Getting Clp to be quieter in Bcp

acw at ascent.com acw at ascent.com
Fri Aug 19 17:31:42 EDT 2005

I've got COIN-OR all downloaded.  I built the bcps application in the
BranchAndCut example directory.  I actually solved some of our simpler
mixed-integer problems.  So I'm fairly happy so far.

To solve our larger problems will take more ingenuity.  One difficulty to
overcome is the tens of millions of lines that the application delivers to
standard output during one of our 12-hour runs.  I would like better
control over this chatter.  I discovered the parameter
BCP_VerbosityShutUp; when I enable it, it helps a lot.  But output from
Clp still sneaks through, and it alone can account for several million
lines.

Is there any standard way to turn off Clp output under Bcp?  Thanks in
advance, and the ordinary retrospective sort of thanks for the work that
has already gone into COIN-OR.