[ADOL-C] sparse jacobian column compression not working

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Sun Feb 10 10:08:34 EST 2019

I am using the current master branch of adolc:
7022a97f88d4fcac2d8de4fc15f369f12d40f888 refs/remotes/origin/master

and colpack 1.0.10
https://codeload.github.com/CSCsw/ColPack/tar.gz/v1.0.10

The column compression does not seems to work in the sparse_jacobian example
(nor in my other test programs test programs).
Here is the result I get (extra text and blank lines have been removed).
Notice that the column and row compression results are identical
sparse> ./sparse_jacobian
... snip ...

In sparse format:
  0  0   2.000000
  0  1   1.000000
  0  3  -0.982294
  0  4  -0.007087
  1  2   2.197225
  1  3   2.772589
  2  4   3.642761
  2  5   3.272090

In sparse format (using row compression):
  0  0   2.000000
  0  1   1.000000
  0  3  -0.982294
  0  4  -0.007087