[ADOL-C] Problem with adolc + colpack on Fedora 17

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Fri Oct 26 10:08:47 EDT 2012

Thanks:

The following worked for the colpack install
     rm aclocal.m4 ltmain.sh
     libtoolize
     autoreconf --force
     echo_exec ./configure --prefix=$prefix --libdir=$prefix/lib64

The really strange thing is that, if I leave out the libtoolize command,
I get the error
     configure.ac:33: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
where configure.ac:33 is
     AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

But reading the documentation for autoreconf
http://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.69/html_node/autoreconf-Invocation.html
it states that
     'autoreconf runs autoconf, autoheader, aclocal, automake,
libtoolize, and autopoint (when appropriate)' ...
so I do not understand why I have to run libtoolize before autoreconf.