[ADOL-C] Announcing ADOL-C version 2.3.0

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Wed Mar 21 14:51:43 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce the latest ADOL-C release 2.3.0. You may download
it from the usual location on http://projects.coin-or.org/ADOL-C or via
svn. The project website may take some time to reflect the current
release. Visual Studio builds are available soon at the usual location
on the website of the University of Paderborn
http://www2.math.upb.de/ags/ag-walther/software.html

The release contains some minor bugfixes from the last version 2.2.1 as
well as fixes for using OpenMP, which wasn't working due to the change
in memory management in version 2.2.

The major change however is that we are now able to use the 64-bit
platforms better. One may now specify 64-bit buffer-sizes for OBUFSIZE,
LBUFSIZE, VBUFSIZE and TBUFSIZE. The tapestats also contain 64-bit
numbers on 64-bit platforms. This makes the .tap-files created with
older versions incompatible. So all disk-based traces must be
regenerated with the current version. Traces are also platform dependent
now, so a .tap-file created on a mismatching platform cannot be opened.

The second major change is that ColPack now need not be copied into the
ThirdParty subdirectory. ColPack version 1.0.6 may be compiled and
installed seperately (the usual autoreconf ; ./configure ; make ; make
install ). If ColPack was installed in a ${prefix} then this should be
provided to ADOL-C via the configure option --with-colpack=DIR. These
changes may have also fixed the OSX build mechanism as a side-effect,
but I cannot promise that.

Two more salient changes are that sparse_jac will return the number of
colours required if called with options[2] == -1, and the interface for
ext_diff_fct structure, which is used for externally differentiated
functions has been corrected for vector mode operation.

I hope everyone will test their applications with the latest version and
report any problems.

Best.
Kshitij
--